Blue Streak

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Kochi!

What did I do today?? Well, I don't know anyone in this city, so I thought I might as well work for some time. Finished a client call in the morning (If you insist on knowing, well, he wanted to negotiate on the rate we've quoted. These purchase managers...), and after comning back late afternoon to office, the only thing to do was check mail.

But surprisingly (or not so surprising, as most of my friends access mail from office, and today being a Saturday...) there weren't too many new messages. I panicked for a moment, and then realized that I could always spend the evening reading a few of the 28.1 million (and growing rapidly!) blogs out there.

So I start with the usual (Lazy Geek), and proceed from his blogroll to my namesake's funny blog. Pretty funny. Only, not funny enough. Which then lead me to this.

The folks at Sulekha and Penguin decided that these were the real funny ones (I only found the 1st and the 4th to be good though):

Manjul Bajaj

S Narayan

Madhulika Liddle (Space on the net.)

Deepanjali Pandey
(Managed to locate blog too. Gawd, these Sulekha people could've made it easier. Poor netiqutte I say!)

Three women out of the four winners!
(The writing in the above competiton was of the sophisticated -but thoroughly enjoyable- kind. I guess guys are good at slapstick comedy, what with Leno, Letterman, Conan ... even 'Who's line is it anyway?' (1 2) had only the one woman among all the men.) Way to go!!

So that's how I ended up spending this Saturday evening in Kochi. My friend Vijay would've wated me to travel, and explore Kochi's, and some other nearby places' beauty (and I WILL, only not this weekend), and some of my other friends would've said 'Da, get a life!,' but what to do, we are (I am) like this only!

Time well spent I'd think. And now, to worry about Monday's weekly sales review call with the manager from HQ...

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home